Friday, March 20, 2009

Do you have Stress and are you a Mom?

Check in with your Stress-O-MOM-oter every now and then. Do you find yourself with the afternoon blues? Are you running out of energy and then running to Starbucks for a Fix? Do you wake up in the middle of the night? Do you feel like you can't lose weight as easy as you could before? Are you anxious or short on patience? Do you give to everybody around you? Can you say NO when somebody asks you for a favor? Do you skip breakfast? Have you ever been a yo-yo dieter? Do you run on the treadmill or other cardio equipment more than 5x a week? What are you eating and drinking throughout the day? What time do you go to sleep at night? Think about these questions carefuly and be honest with yourself.

I am also a mom and I have 3 children who will be turning 12, 14 and 16 this year. I began to feel like the "Manager" of the family, running everybody's schedules, taking care of the house and taking on the title of President of the various school PTA's. One day I realized that I was managing everybody's lives and doing things for so many other people but I wasn't LIVING my life. I had become a "referee and family manager." I forgot to take the time to ENJOY my life and my LIFE with my family. Stress caught up with me a few years ago. I made the choice to Nurture myself first so that I could LIVE and LOVE life and take care of my family and friends while remembering to appreciate what I have EVERYDAY.

Let me help you with small tips each day. Follow me and recapture your love for life everyday. Wake up ready to Experience every moment that is given to you. I am an Optimal Life Coach specializing in Stress Reduction, Metabolic Typing/Nutrition individualized for you, and Exercise. I am trained through the CHEK Institute, NASM, ISSA and Health Excel. I am also a MOM who has learned to follow my stress-o -MOM-oter.

Todays small and invaluable tip... Drink 1/2 your body weight (in ounces) of clean water everyday. Carry around a 1 1/2 liter bottle of Evian, Fiji, Volvic or Jana so you can track what you drink. You can flavor it with the core of a pineapple, apple or maybe a mango pit. Try squeezing some organic lemon, lime or orange into your water or just enjoy it straight. Add a small pinch of sea salt to the bottle so (you won't run to the bathroom all day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment